Want a more beautiful smile? Dr. W. Timothy Brooks understands the importance of a first impression, which is why he offers cosmetic dentistry options to his patients.
More on Crowns:
Porcelain crowns which look like natural enamel, are used for several procedures. Porcelain bridges use adjacent teeth to replace missing teeth. Covering stained, discolored teeth, cracked or severely broken down or decayed teeth.
Your dentist takes an impression of your teeth and sends them to a lab where custom crowns are made just for you. Dental crowns reinforce teeth and allow it to withstand various degrees of pressure, meaning you can enjoy eating without the worry of ruining your tooth.
More on Dental Implants:
Dental implants consist of a titanium post surgically inserted into your jaws to replace missing tooth root. It creates stability, strength and prevents the weakening and shrinkage of your jawbone. The dentist then allows 3 to 6 months for osseointegration to occur. Your Huntsville dentist then re-opens the area above the titanium post, inserts a screw, places an abutment above the screw which secures a crown on top that matches the rest of your teeth.
Some advantages of dental implants include:
- Restoring one tooth without drilling other teeth, or replacing a few teeth or all of your teeth.
- The dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Restoring your bite and chewing function.
- Unlike dentures, dental implants are fixed in place and don't fall out of place.
Tooth Contouring and Reshaping:
Contouring and reshaping your teeth are simple, cosmetic procedures that will save you plenty of time and money, and give you a more confident smile.
They help with a variety of problems:
- pits and/or grooves in enamel
- cracked or fractured
- overlapping or crowded teeth
Cosmetic dentistry is vital for improving the appearance and function of your teeth. If you would like to restore the beauty of your teeth, just call your Huntsville, AL, dentist, Dr. W. Timothy Brooks. Give him a call today at (256) 883-8008.
If your family’s schedule can easily turn hectic, scheduling dental appointments may be the last thing on your mind. However, making time for these important examinations for you and your children is crucial to your dental health. A family dentist can help you consolidate your schedule and help ease the stress of a busy family life. Find out more about family dentistry by reading below, and contact Dr. Timothy Brooks' Huntsville, AL, office to receive treatment.
What is a family dentist?
A family dentist provides comprehensive care for patients of all ages. While some dentists specialize in performing only certain types of dental procedures, family dentists do it all—from grandpa’s dental implants to baby’s first dental exam. In addition to being well-rounded, a family dentist also gives you the chance to see the same dental staff for years, from childhood to adulthood, ensuring that your children’s oral health remains a top priority.
How can family dentistry benefit my household?
Many children see their family dentists well into adulthood, which helps decrease the occurrence of dental anxiety and phobia and instead instills the habits of good dental hygiene at a young age. Family dentistry also allows families to keep their dental records in one place and consolidate their dental appointments to keep schedules flowing smoothly. Family dentistry also allows you to keep your finances and insurance information in one place, ensuring that your paperwork stays organized and does not get lost in the shuffle.
Family Dentistry in Huntsville, AL
Your busy family could almost certainly benefit from seeing a family dentist. Regardless of age or dental condition, all patients should see their dentist at least twice a year for regular exams and cleanings. For more information on family dentistry or to schedule your family’s dental examinations, cleanings, or dental procedures, please contact Dr. Timothy Brooks in Huntsville, AL. Call (256) 883-8008 to schedule your family’s appointments with Dr. Brooks today!
How Teeth Whitening Can Rejuvenate Your Smile
Teeth whitening treatment is one of the most popular cosmetic dental services available—and for good reason! Teeth whitening can rejuvenate an aging, yellowed, and stained smile, giving you back your pearly whites. Not only is a beautiful white smile important to both your good looks and self-esteem, it is also easily achievable thanks to today's professional teeth whitening treatments. Dr. W. Timothy Brooks in Huntsville, Alabama, is an expert in this field, and if the information below intrigues you, he is happy to improve your smile as soon as possible!
Basic Whitening Info
Most people try over-the-counter whitening treatments first, only to find that the results they achieve aren’t very dramatic or long-lasting. The truth is, many teeth whitening treatments aren’t tested for effectiveness or safety. In fact, some over-the-counter products contain damaging ingredients that can make your teeth sensitive.
When people want to rejuvenate their smiles, they choose professional teeth whitening because treatment is:
- Effective, brightening smiles up to 8 shades whiter
- Long-lasting, keeping smiles white up to 5 years
- Quick, whitening smiles in an hour for the in-office treatment
- Safe, with a long history of rigorous testing for safety and approval by the American Dental Association
Options Available at Dr. Brooks' Huntsville Office
Dr. Brooks offers two convenient teeth whitening options for you to consider:
- In-Office Whitening: Only takes about an hour and is a great option if you quickly want a whiter smile. Many people choose in-office whitening if they want to look great for an upcoming special event such as a reunion or a wedding. For the whitest smile, it is best to continue with at-home whitening.
- At-Home Whitening: Involves using a kit that contains professional strength whitening gel and custom-made whitening trays. At-home whitening allows you to whiten your smile at your own pace, whenever you want. This is a great option for people who want convenience and privacy.
Contact Us Today!
Give yourself a new look by rejuvenating your smile! Say goodbye to stains from coffee or smoking, and say hello to a younger looking and more beautiful smile with professional teeth whitening. To learn more, call Dr. W. Timothy Brooks in Huntsville, Alabama, today at (256) 883-8008.
Are you considering your tooth restoration options after losing a tooth? Dental implants offer several important advantages that make them an excellent choice. Dr. W. Timothy Brooks in Huntsville, AL helps his patients maintain healthy smiles with dental implants and other services and treatments.
What are implants?
Implants offer the only way to replace your entire tooth without compromising adjacent teeth or gums. The first step in the implant process involves adding a titanium post to an opening made in your jawbone. The post bonds to the bone and serves as a replacement root. Once bonding is complete, Dr. Brooks adds a dental crown to the top of the titanium implant. Crowns are designed to replace missing teeth above the gum line and allow you to chew and bite normally.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
Dental implants offer a few benefits that other restoration options don't, including:
- No Change to Your Jawbone: The bone under your lost tooth may eventually begin to shrink. The problem occurs because your tooth roots no longer stimulate the bone. Your new implants take over for your roots, providing the stimulation needed for a strong jawbone. Thanks to your implants, you won't have to worry about the loss of additional teeth, gum tissue or facial sagging, which are common consequences of jawbone resorption.
- Improved Comfort: Dental implants feel more like natural teeth because they're securely attached to your jawbone. They won't irritate your gums or move when you take a bite of steak.
- The Only Long-Term Restoration Option: In most cases, your dental implant will never need to be replaced. If you choose to fill the gap in your smile with a dental bridge or dentures, you can expect to replace those restorations every 5 to 15 years. Although the implant itself will probably never need to be replaced, you may need to replace the crown periodically.
- No Change in Biting Power: A major decrease in biting power can be a problem when you wear dentures. If you choose implant-supported dentures instead, you won't have to avoid hard or tough foods due to sore gums.
- Easy Care: Although implants never get decay, a good oral hygiene regimen is the key to keeping your dental implants in good condition. In addition to brushing twice a day, you'll also need to floss around the base of the implant daily to prevent gum infections.
Restore your smile with dental implants! Call Dr. W. Timothy Brooks in Huntsville, AL at (256) 883-8008 to schedule your appointment.
Most people secretly want a more radiant smile, but they just don’t think it’s possible. If you can relate, you may assume that your dental imperfections will always stand in the way of you having a nice smile. But help is available no matter the problem. Give your smile new hope with a cosmetic treatment with Dr. Timothy Brooks, providing cosmetic dentistry services in Huntsville, AL.
Hiding Imperfections with Veneers or Crowns
It’s not always possible to make your natural teeth look more attractive when there’s extensive damage. For instance, no amount of professional whitening can scrub away intrinsic dental stains (discoloration at the inner tooth layers). In this case, the teeth need an enamel restoration. Veneers cover the front teeth and dental crowns are a full tooth covering—both provide protection and aesthetic appeal.
Realigning the Teeth to a Better Position
Braces are the ideal treatment when the teeth are out of alignment, whether they are overlapping, have large spaces between them, or are jutting forward. Options available at the cosmetic dental office of Dr. W. Timothy Brooks in Huntsville include braces with brackets and wires (metal or ceramic) or Invisalign (clear plastic aligner trays).
Whitening the Teeth Several Shades in One Hour
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, teeth whitening is the number one cosmetic treatment requested by dental patients. Your dentist can whiten your smile in about an hour. The treatment is faster, more effective, and safer than trying it at home.
Restoring Cavities with White Fillings
Long gone are the days when the only option for filling a cavity was to use dark silver metal amalgam. Your dentist can use a tooth-colored material, made of composite resin or porcelain, instead. White filling material is also used in dental bonding treatments, which temporarily fix chips, cracks, and small spaces between the teeth.
Filling Smile Gaps with Dentures or Implants
The loss of one or more teeth, especially at the front of the mouth, is a major cosmetic concern for patients. Your dentist can fill the gap using either dentures (which fit over the gumline) or dental implants (which close the gap both beneath and above the gumline).
Many Options to Explore
Visit a dentist to have your smile examined and to explore all of your options. Call (256) 883-8008 today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Brooks at his Huntsville, AL, cosmetic dentistry office.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.