Posts for tag: preventive care
Want your teeth to be in top-notch condition? No problem, your dentist W. Timothy Brooks in Huntsville, AL can help!
You should have an oral and dental examination every six months. In addition to visiting your doctor, maintaining a healthy oral habit is essential. Make sure to brush your teeth twice a day; brush your teeth after you eat breakfast and before bed with a soft-bristled toothbrush. In addition to brushing, flossing daily, before going to bed, will help remove food debris and reduce the buildup of plaque.
In addition to oral hygiene, avoid eating sugary foods, like sodas and candy. Resort to a healthier diet, like apples and carrots, which help scrape off tartar from the surface of your teeth, and drinking water, which can wash away food particles.
In addition to your personal hygiene and diet, your dentist provides procedures that can help reduce tooth decay as a preventative measure:
Fillings and Dental Bonding in Huntsville:
Dental bondings require the same care as all your teeth. In order to prepare your teeth for the composite, your dentist will:
- Clean your teeth to ensure they're plaque-free.
- Then he'll etch your teeth with an acidic gel that will open pores on the surface of your teeth.
- The dentist will then rinse off the etching material and add a composite resin that matches the color of your teeth.
- The last step consists of the composite being hardened in place with a curing light and shaping your teeth into the right form.
- It can be accomplished in one visit; the procedure may take about 30 minutes to an hour
- The composite strengthens your teeth and can fix issues like: chips and cracks, fractures, decays, and discolored, stained and short teeth
For more information about preventative care, call our dentist, Dr. W. Timothy Brooks in Huntsville, AL, today to schedule an appointment.